Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Mazatlan, Mexico


It's been a while since I've posted anything so I figured it was time to crack my fingers and get to work. I, along with six others, recently took an 8 day vacation to Mazatlan, Mexico to celebrate my best friends 40th birthday. It was a much needed getaway from work and beautiful change of scenery. Here are the Good, Bad and Ugly from my vacation:
  • Good: Pool volleyball can never be played too much. Its weird that I seem to always find a way to play either beach or pool volleyball on every vacation...Unexpected all-inclusive vacations are pleasant surprises...Beautiful golf course on the resort...Great weather.
  • Bad: The only negative on the entire trip was an unfortunate, and racial-appearing motivated, incident in the breakfast buffet we ate at almost every day. Long story short, a no tanktop policy apparently only applied to me despite a number of other, non-black, men and women wearing tanktops. Very unfortunate.
  • Ugly: Ugly would have to be the first night in Mexico where, after drinking Tequila and Tanqueray on the flight from Philly to Phoenix, I consumed an entire bottle of cabernet on the flight from Phoenix to Mazatlan. Once in Mazatlan (after tipping each stewardist $20) I consumed an unknown number of margaritas and then tried to teach a 4 year old boy how to say f**k. After asking a few times, "are we going to sleep", my friends left me on a beach chair by the pool where I slept for a few hours covered with towel. Upon returning to find me unmoved, they assisted me up to my room where I was able to undress myself and hop in bed naked. Some time later I was awaken by my best friend projectile vomiting on the floor between our beds. On a good side, I was still able to get up and golf at 8AM the next morning.

Overall, I'd recommend Mazatlan, Mexico; although I don't know if I can recommend the resort after what happen in the one restaurant on the resort. I do want to head back out West in the next couple of months. It was an enjoyable experience.

1 comment:

SunnyGLight said...

Only in true David form... Congrats your drunken four year old phonics lesson! lol

Glad you had fun... it was about that time!