Thursday, May 7, 2009

NBA Playoffs recap...

I like what's happening in this years playoffs. A great first round series with the Baby Bulls, the boring Spurs booted from the tournament and Ron Artest making Kobe miserable LOL

To me it comes down to this:

1. Houston is physical, in your face and, oh yeah, they actually can shoot.
2. Boston doesn't need home court to win a series. They lose it. They take it back. They win. (see '08)
3. When the Nuggets play defense, no team in the NBA can beat them. Their offense is that good.
4. The worst team in the playoffs right now is the Mavericks. I actually think Atlanta could beat them.
5. No series the rest of the way will be even close to as good as the Celts-Bulls series. We can only hope for a Cavs-Lakers or Cavs-Nuggets final. The story for the Celts getting there would be great, but they would probably get swept this year. And who cares about the other teams really? LOL
6. I'm beginning to get bored with Dwight "Superman" Howard. At least Shaq has a jump hook and Yao has a step back jumper. How can "Superman" be one-dimensional? Doesn't that violate the rules of using a comic book name as an alias???
7. How is it that Eddie House can constantly get open looks at 3-pointers? I mean seriously. How many times can this guy come off the bench toss in 3's like he is tossing me a volley ball at a pool?
8. Is Dirk not the biggest wuss you have ever seen? I mean comeon!!! Grow some already. Take a charge! Give a charge! Knock somebody on their ass! SOMETHING! If I see one more fade away in the paint I'm going to toss my glass at the wall. How does a 7-footer fade away ten feet from the basket. Man up!!
9. Kobe just annoys me. You're good. We get it. But unlike MJ, you can be shut down and completely taken out of the game with the right person guarding you. And unlike MJ, your 50 points can actually be meaningless in a blowout loss.....and, well lets leave the past in the past.
10. Why couldn't the Bulls-Celts series be the Eastern Conference Finals and the West be the Nuggets and Lakers....damn.

No comments: