Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Table for.....one

It's strange. I did something last night that hundreds of millions of Americans do every single day and yet it seemed out of place; it seemed, simply put, strange. Probably because its been so, so long since I've done it. Or maybe because of the fact of how different things look now. Or maybe it's just a sign that life as I know it, unlike the stock market, has reached steady ground; a steady plateau if you will. The act, or acts, by now have to be something of a mystery, and borderline frustrating, to you because I haven't told you what I've done. So, I'll clue you in.

I went food shopping...

Yes, food shopping. And cooked dinner, and breakfast and made lunch. Now while some may simply stop reading (and I can feel the eyes rolling), its important to understand the significance of this. My fridge now only has about 35% alcohol and fast food on the shelves, as opposed to the 90% it did a day ago (only because I have leftover alcohol from a party and an Eagles game day event). I haven't cooked in a long, long time; not the way I passionately love to. I love to cook. Its the reason I someday want to open a restaurant. Because I LOVE TO COOK. But I have gotten away from cooking because of ease and convenience; I simply didn't have the time and when I did, I just didn't feel like it. But now, I have that renewed passion to cook again. To make my homemade soups and dishes with sauce creations like I used to what seems like years ago. Did I mention that I love to cook??? :-)

I have some "chef-like" things that I plan to purchase in the near future so that I can start having guests over to try some things on them (don't worry, I wont poison anyone). I want to use this as a launching pad for the restaurant I want to open in the future. My success depends solely on the foods I intend to create and the enjoyable flavor that they provide. So for my friends, new, old and ancient, get ready for some good eating soon...

2 comments:

SunnyGLight said...

YAAAAAAAY! I love good cooking... I'm passionate about good eating ... so this is relieving to know that I can just pull up to your place for a fabulous dinner and no tips are required...i mean we are in a recession...

thedressjunkie said...

i'm coming for dinner!!