Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Just say it...

I just finished watching "The Bucket List" and, mainly because I cry for all touching movies but partially because of my current mental state, I shed a few tears at the end. I've watched this movie twice and both times it got me thinking about my future (both planning and mortality) as well as my present and past. There are so many things I want to accomplish during my life; a successful business, a successful restaurant, a mid-sized family, a beautiful home (physically and the home inside the home), early retirement and, despite the events of 2008 and my rebellious reaction to the pain in my heart (including my recent harsh words regarding relationships and marriage), an amazing connection with the woman I am fortunate enough to call my wife someday.

So I'm going to make sure that, even though many say I am too blunt and forward, I leave no feeling unrevealed and no personal opinion unshared when it affects me. They say you only get one life to live. My opinion is different than the accepted norm. But in this life, I'd like to try to put myself first for the rest of it so that I can accomplish the things I'm working towards.

"You measure yourself by the people who measure themselves by you."

This was a great song on "The Bucket List" soundtrack:

John Mayer
Say what you need to say

Take all of your wasted honor.
Every little past frustration.
Take all of your so called problems,
Better put 'em in quotations.

Say what you need to say (x8)

Walkin' like a one man army,
Fightin' with the shadows in your head.
Livin' up the same old moment
Knowin' you'd be better off instead

If you could only...Say what you need to say (x8)

Have no fear for givin' in.
Have no fear for giving over.
You better know that in the end
It's better to say too much, than never to say what you need to say again.

Even if your hands are shaking,
And your faith is broken.
Even as the eyes are closin',
Do it with a heart wide open.

Say what you need to say (x7)

Say what you need to, Say what you need to...

Say what you need to say.

No comments: